Security Requirements

For Entering West Point

Please be advised that security requirements for entering West Point have recently changed.
Starting immediately, non-Department of Defense visitors will be required to check in at the Visitor Control Center to be issued local access credentials to gain entry to the installation. These changes bring West Point into compliance with Department of the Army access control requirements.

• All concertgoers (except those possessing a Department of Defense I.D.) must visit the Visitor Control Center (V.C.C.) and obtain a Local Area Credential (L.A.C.) in order to enter the installation.

The Visitor Control Center is located just outside the Thayer Gate at 2107 New South Post Road, Highland Falls, NY. Hours of operation are 6 a.m. – 10 p.m., 7 days a week.

• As this new process is being implemented, we recommend allowing two hours prior to the concert to obtain a L.A.C. at the Visitor Control Center.

• Audience members who regularly attend performances may obtain a yearly L.A.C. at any time, allowing them to bypass the V.C.C. for future events for one year. For those who live locally, we highly recommend getting this pass in advance of the performance to avoid the pre-concert rush.

• ALL concert attendees age 17 and over in your party must obtain a LAC, not just the driver.

• Our July 4 and Labor Day performances are designated as special events. Visitors DO NOT need a L.A.C. to attend these concerts, but rather may enter with a valid stateside driver's license or government-issued ID card.

• When obtaining a L.A.C., you must posses a state-issued driver's license that complies with the Real ID Act of 2005. Visit for complete information.

Those without a valid driver's license will need one of the following:

• U.S. passport or U.S. passport card.
• Permanent resident card or alien registration receipt card (Form 1-551).
• Foreign passport with a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 with a printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa.
• Employment authorization document that contains a photograph.
• U.S. Military or draft record.
• U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card.
• Transportation Worker Identification Card.
• Native American Tribal Document.
• In the case of a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's nonimmigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.    
• For anyone under 18, a school ID card that contains a photo.

If you have any questions, please contact the Visitor Control Center at 845-938-0390.

We thank you for your patience and cooperation as these new security measures are implemented.