Thank you for your interest in The West Point Band. The West Point Band has numerous performing groups that can provide the appropriate style of music for a variety of military and civilian public events.
Please be aware that due to our musical support of the United States Military Academy, the United States Corps of Cadets, the military community, and our own internal requirements for training, we cannot support every request we receive. Our public schedule is not a reflection of our availability. Requests must be submitted between 2-18 months prior to your event. Civilian requests will not be considered less than 60 days in advance, and military requests must have no less than 45 days advance notice.
General guidelines to keep in mind:
- All events must be free and open to the public and not exclude any person by reason of race, creed, color, national origin, or gender.
- The West Point Band may not participate in events that are designed to increase business traffic, raise money, or are associated with any religious or ideological movement, political campaign, or commercial enterprise.
- Any charges for performance location, lighting engineer, spotlight operators, band shell, etc. must be coordinated through the sponsor, and are the sole financial responsibility of the sponsor.
- Off-post Change-of-Command ceremonies must be at the level of (O-6) or above.
- Due to an overwhelming number of requests, the West Point Band will routinely decline support of off-post parades or marching events. In the few exceptions where support of one of these events will be in the best interest of the Nation, the Army, or the United States Military Academy, off-post marching will be limited to parades in conjunction with Federal Holidays or events of National Significance.
Click on the link below to fill out a DD Form 2536 (PDF form).